Do you ever feel like you’re stuck in a rut?
Are you that person that always dreamed of starting your own business and being your own boss?
You wake up each morning going to a job that you don’t even love, driving through horrendous traffic day after day and that gets pretty boring except that it pays the bills at the end of each month.
You feel unappreciated at work. You may be hardworking but never get the recognition you deserve from your boss and colleagues. It would be great if for just once, your boss pats you on the back and say, “Good job,” but unfortunately that day never came.
If this describes you, it may be time to fire your boss and venture out on your own. Although this may seem like a completely overwhelming move, it may not be as hard as you think!
Some Options You May Like To Consider:
1. Become a Virtual Assistant.
Being a Virtual Assistant allows you the flexibility of staying at home while managing tasks for other companies.
- This is a great option if you enjoy computer work, managing tasks, paperwork, or customer service.
- Though it may take a bit of time to get your VA business off the ground, virtual assistants can command a high price for their services, especially if they have technical skills.
2. Join a Multi Level Marketing Company.
These businesses are all the rage lately, but they do have their pros and cons.
If you think that perhaps a Multi Level Marketing company is the business for you, be sure to do your research.
- Make sure the company you decide to partner with has a good track record. You can confirm this by speaking with other representatives of the company and checking the Business Bureau and similar websites for more information.
- You must be aware if there is sign up fee as that can range from a few dollars to a few hundred dollars. Some companies even charge upwards of $1,000 to be a representative.
- Many people succeed at a multi level marketing business, but countless others fail miserably. Research the details of what you’ll need to do to succeed in your chosen business and ask yourself if you can do what it takes.
- It would be in your best interest to become informed and educated about the business before you sign on the dotted line and hand over your hard-earned money.
3. Make and Sell Your Own Crafts.
Are your friends envious about the beautiful things you can make with your own two hands?
Then this may be the business you’re looking for! With websites such as eBay and Etsy, as well as local arts and craft shows, many people are making a substantial living selling their homemade creations.
Unique or one-of-a-kind items always sell at higher prices than the common ones.
4. Become a Life Coach.
This business opens up a realm of possibilities. If you enjoy listening to people and providing advice, becoming a life coach may intrigue you. A life coach provides good, solid advice to individuals relating to a particular area in their life.
- A life coach can specialise in many different areas. For example, some coaches only deal with stay at home moms, while others help those wanting to make more money or lose weight. The options are absolutely endless.
- You can go for training and become a certified coach at your local college or online.
- You have promote and market yourself strongly, and it may take awhile to get the business off the ground.
If this is something that you truly hold a passion for, it can turn into an extremely lucrative endeavour.
5. Start a Catering Business.
Does everyone tell you that no one can cook like you do?
Do you get request after request for your recipes? Do you find spending time in the kitchen relaxing? Then starting a catering business may be something you’ll want to explore further.
- As in any business, it may take a bit of patience and energy to get it started, but the benefits will be well worth the energy.
- Make sure to call your friends and family and tell them to spread the word about your new catering business.
- Once you can secure your first party or event, you’ll have word of mouth recommendations for your business. If cooking is your passion and you learn how to manage food costs and market your business, then you’ll have no problem succeeding in this lucrative industry.
These are just a few ways to fire your boss and start your own business. Your next step is to decide where your passion lies. You need to decide what you enjoy doing and go from there.
Starting your own business is not easy, but with a dash of hope, patience and hard work, half the battle is won!
This is what I did when I returned home from my overseas assignments, I decided to take a break and did some soul searching on my purpose and where my next path would take me.
I knew the digital economy is the new way to earn an income while working from home. I realised that we are now living in the digital economy, so I decided to invest in myself by learning a new skill.
Learning a new skill requires determination and commitment and I can tell you now, that is the best investment I have made.
Now I can work in the comfort of my own home and I do not have to wake up to an alarm clock, get dressed and commute through the horrendous traffic to and from work. It is so flexible on my time!
I need to tell you that I did face challenges while learning a new skill. I questioned myself if I could do this, but with determination, I quashed my doubts on starting my own online business.
What I found was where the biggest growth happens. There are thousands of Affiliate Marketing programs out there on the internet and you need to do your research to see which path you want to follow.
I chose the Six Figures Mentors, a digital education company who have been teaching people how to start their own online business from scratch and they have been doing this for over a decade.
They are focused and dedicated to help you on your journey but the success of your business does depend on you, your mindset and dedication.
What I uncovered is a whole new life, right in front of us, we could not see it.
I started an online business from scratch with no experience, scary…YES – rewarding (worth it)..100%.
You too can start your own online business. You can learn more by completing the form on the right hand side and I will send these free video series to you directly to your email inbox.
Did you find the above article useful?
Don’t forget to save this pin to your Pinterest Board!